CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cookie Dough Brownies...Oh My!!!

WARNING!!!!!

This post is not for the weak at heart. Or for those who don't completely love to dive into chocolate. In fact if you didn't wish you could visit Wonka's factory the moment you saw the chocolate river...you should probably quit reading this asap!


K for those of you still with me, you will adore this yummy recipe and never go back to regular brownies again! Bonus...it is super easy and only adds a few extra steps to take the WOW factor to the top!!!

Start by baking a regular box of brownies. No tricks...let Duncan Hines or Betty do the hard part! ;)
While they are cooling, mix white and brown sugars & butter in your mixer.

Then add milk, vanilla and slowly add flour

There now it looks a lot like cookie dough (but yeah without eggs). After brownies are fully cooled, drop this super thick dough in severl places on the brownies

Then either use a spatula (or your hands if its super sticky) or spreader to cover the entire batch of brownies

Then in a small bowl, add 1 C of chocolate chips (I always use milk chocolate :) and a tbs of oil

Microwave on high in 30 second intervals until it is all smooth and all chips are completely melted.

Then you must quickly pour it over the brownies and spread. If you wait it won't be runny and will get SUPER hard to spread around!

Are you drooling....I am just looking at the pics again

Then take your cutest plate (wink wink jk I just HAD to show off this beauty)....
And fill it with your cut up brownies!

Sadly there was one that didn't make it very pretty out of the pan....hmmm
What to do, what to do

I figured I would just leave it for Matt. But sometimes I can't control myself...let's face it...with this much joy staring me in the face, it only lasted on the plate for...

Well let's just say, not Matt! ;)

I hope you LOVE these yummy brownies!
Happy Baking!

Amanda

Cookie Dough Brownies

1 box brownies, cooked as directed, fully cooled

1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C sugar
1 stick butter
2 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 C flour
Mix sugars and butter. Add milk and vanilla. Spoon in flour. Spread over brownies

1 C chocolate chips (milk is best)
1 tbs oil
Melt in microwave. Spoon over brownies

2 compliments to the chef:

Laura

Thanks for the recipe. I am going to make these for Scott's family's big Conference/Easter/FHE on Sunday.

Cami

I loved these! We will definitely be trying them again! I can't help but wonder how yummy these would be with a peanut butter cookie dough!