CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Amanda's Homemade Banana Bread

Start by beating your bananas and eggs together!
Add the shortening and sugar
Use 2 loaf pans and grease VERY well
Then divide your mixture equally into both pans
Bake at 275 degrees for 30-40 mins
Then when it is golden pull itout and make sure the center is done with a toothpick
Cool completely on cooling racks then slice and serve!
I had to invent this recipe so that my youngest could have some, hence the shortening vs butter and no chocolate chips! Usually I make one loaf with chips and one without! One time I added butterscotch chips along with chocolate...um yeah that was AMAZING!
Let me know what you think! I love feedback

Happy Baking!
Amanda

Amanda's Banana Bread
2 large bananas
2 well beaten eggs
2 C Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C shortening
1 C sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
chocolate chips (optional)

Beat banana and egg; mix thoroughly. Cream together sugar and shortening. Add egg mixture. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Bake is well greased loaf pans at 275 degrees, for 30-40 minutes

0 compliments to the chef: